Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) Training
Allied International Risk Maritime offers training to become a Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) to officers and persons who have been, or are likely to be, appointed as Port Facility Security Officer under the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
Our extensive training course includes:
• Duties of a Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO)
• Understanding the ISPS Code
• Threats to maritime security
• Measures required at each level
• Port Facility Security Surveys and Assessment
• Facility Planning
• Monitoring the Facility
• Training and drills
• Applying the Declaration of Security
• Overview of port and ship
• Dealing with stowaways, piracy and hostage-taking
• Identifying weapons and improvised explosive devices
• Equipment and systems; capabilities and limitations
Along with the many practical solutions you will learn about, we also offer training in the most important aspect of Maritime Protection Services, planning; the most useful form of defence against all security threats is having a detailed plan involving preventative measures and response procedures in place, should an attack occur.
If you are looking to train your personnel you may request that specific extra subjects be taught, depending on your requirements, equipment used, or specific concerns. Contact us for more details.